Our diverse and exciting faculty provides experiences and opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and understanding of a wide range of subjects, all with real world links and career opportunities.
In Years 7 and 8 (Key Stage 3) all pupils will have access to 4 hours a week of technology lessons, these are taught in designated specialist rooms:
- Product Design (1 hour)
- Food (1 hour)
- ICT (1 hour)
- Computer Science (1 hour)
At Key Stage 4 (Years 9-11) all Technology subjects are optional. We offer a broad range to choose from, including areas that are not previously taught at Key Stage 3. Pupils will have 2 hours a week of their chosen subject area:
- Level 2 Designing the Built Environment (leads on from KS3 Product Design)
- Level 2 Constructing the Built Environment (new to KS4)
- Level 2 Hair & Beauty (new to KS4)
- Level 2 Hospitality & Catering (leads on from KS3 Food)
- GCSE Business Studies (new to KS4)
- Level 2 Retail Business (new to KS4)
- Level 2 Creative iMedia (leads on from KS3 ICT)
- GCSE Computer Science (leads on from KS3 Computer Science)
For more detailed information about each subject area, please use the links below.