Every one of our youngsters is treated as an individual, as a result all have their own special educational needs. Below provides more detail on our inclusive approach and who to contact should you require more information.
Mrs Hannah Tuna - Assistant Headteacher and SENDCo - HTu@woodlandsschool.essex.sch.uk
Mrs Aundrea Robinson - Assistant SENDCo - ARo@woodlandsschool.essex.sch.uk
Miss Ashley Brown - ASD/SEMH Mentor - ABn@woodlandsschool.essex.sch.uk
Mrs Jo Mason - Learning Development Coordinator - JMa@woodlandsschool.essex.sch.uk
Mrs Nicola Moran - Learning Development Administrator - NMo@woodlandsschool.essex.sch.uk
Mrs Wendy Rouse - Assessment Lead Mentor - WRo@woodlandsschool.essex.sch.uk
Progress Mentor Deployment
At Woodlands School we pride ourselves on being a fully inclusive place of learning and embrace all youngsters whatever their needs. The Aspirations Faculty works closely with other teams in the school to meet the needs of our youngsters with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Our Progress Mentor Team are deployed to meet academic needs. They are primarily allocated to meet the needs of our young people with Education, Health and Care Plans, but will also provide interventions which are available to all with SEND. Pupils at SEND Support will also benefit from Progress Mentor support in lessons, when allocated, as Progress Mentors work in collaboration with class teachers to ensure all pupils in the lesson make progress. Our aim is always to support to become resilient, independent learners.
Our Deployment Policy lays out in detail how we allocate Progress Mentors to lessons, support is allocated following the below principles:
- The core subjects of English, maths and science are allocated first, beginning with those groups that require the most support with their learning.
- Individual cases that require high levels of support due to physical or medical reasons.
- Support will be given to those in their MFL and humanities subjects at Key Stage 4.
- Other subjects at Key Stage 3 will be supported where there is more than 1 youngster with an EHCP in the class.
The following documents can be downloaded by clicking on the link:
- SEND Information Report
- Special Educational Needs Information Report COVID Addendum
- SEN Policy
- Speech and Language Enhanced Provision
- SEND Code of Practice
- SEND Parent Guide
- Progress Mentor Deployment Policy
Introducing the new Essex County Council SEND teams Video: