Raw Knowledge in collaboration with Tassomai
RAW Knowledge in collaboration with Tassomai
At Woodlands, we want to develop your thinking schools. We want you all to develop effective long-term memories so you can start applying your understanding in increasingly unique contexts acquiring the higher order thinking skills of analysis and evaluation important not only for success at Woodlands, but also success in later life. This is how we intend to do this:
Outside of lessons
In every assessment
What is Tassomai?
- Once you start answering quiz questions, the programme works out which areas/topics you are are confident in and which areas/topics you need more help.
- The programme will then create your question queues to target the areas you need more support in.
- This means no two pupils will be asked the same set of questions and it is personalised completely to you.
- You will be asked questions more frequently on the areas/topics in which you struggle to encourage spaced retrieval BUT that does not mean you will never be quizzed on other material.
- This should all help prevent the Forgetting Curve.
RAW knowledge at Woodlands
- We recognise the importance of giving you opportunity to retrieve knowledge to support your long term memory and so we have created the RAW Knowledge homework programme with Tassomai.
- We are the only school in the country using Tassomai across all subjects.
- Questions have been written by your teachers, for Tassomai, to create RAW Knowledge and so they are bespoke to what you learn.
- Other schools are already jealous!
- You will have three daily targets every day, one per bucket (they will receive questions from a range of subjects within each bucket):
- Bucket 1- Maths, English
- Bucket 2- Science, Humanities, MFL
- Bucket 3- Creative Arts, Technology, Athletic Performance
- You will need to achieve 50 points in each bucket to successfully achieve their target.
- If you consistently achieve you daily target and achieve your ‘bonus’ goal, the amount of points they need to achieve for your daily goal will decrease across the week.
- Praise points will be rewarded if you consistently meet your targets and a whole school sanction will be in place for those pupils who fail to engage.
If you have any queries/issues with RAW Knowledge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.